Saturday, August 20, 2011

Homemade Playdoh!

Thanks to Thrifty Reader Leah for this great idea! I can't wait to make this for my little one.

Ingredients: 
4 cups flour
2 cups salt
4 cups water
8 tsp cream of tartar
6 TBSP oil
food coloring
 

Directions:
Mix together in a large saucepan. Cook until it holds together and pulls away from pan. Cool and knead. You may add peppermint or almond extract for scent if you wish. 


ENJOY!


Also, while browsing the net, I came across another recipe from CupCake KidCafe. It uses Koolaid!

With either recipe, I strongly recommend you let your bigger kids help you make this. It will be a fun science experiment for them, and then they can play with it later! But remember, safety first.

Be sure to post pics if you try this!



1 comment:

  1. I never thought it would be so easy to make Playdoh! Definitely very creative, and a great family project.

    ReplyDelete