Thursday, June 2, 2011

Own a Home without a Mortgage

I came across this video and couldn't help but share it. Maybe you're not into exactly what they do, but you could certainly learn tips of ingenuity, minimalism, and contentment. While *I* wouldn't do this, my husband likely would it if we could figure out where to put three kids. He's hard core like that.

 
Shotgun Shack
This family of 3 lives in a 320 sq ft house and even homeschool their son. They run a business next door. It is all simplifying and focusing on "what you have and not what you don't have." They even have a guest bed. I think this is a great idea if you can make it work. Discuss what you think in the comments.

Thanks to my friend Coot for sharing the link with me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing. Not quite sure I would like to do that small because I would like for company to be more comfortable than that. But I do agree that we as American's have entirely too much stuff. I lived in Africa for 3 months and it was lovely having just two suit cases to live out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a beautiful home and family...
    The key as stated in the video is what you do have... Too many Americans focus on what the DON'T have...I Cherish my small home... I'd even love to go smaller... True happiness in not in size...God Bless you and your Beautiful family...

    ReplyDelete